Click to download sample report AW Sample_John_Leadership_Effectiveness_Profile.pdf
Exceptional leadership means constantly honing one’s skills, while investing in self-development. The Leadership 360° assessment provides today’s leaders an effective measurement tool from which they can objectively assess their current leadership strengths and areas for improvement— not just through their own eyes, but also through the eyes of their peers, managers and direct reports. This instrument is predicated on the research that identifies eight key competencies and/or abilities which set exceptional leaders apart from everyone else. If we can help today’s forward-thinking leaders identify where they measure up in these eight key areas, then we can equip them with the self-knowledge for personal and professional excellence.
The Leadership 360° assessment surveys these eight areas of principle focus:
- Communication Skills - The art of using words effectively to impart information or ideas in ways that resolve conflicts. Conducts constructive meetings. Expresses facts and ideas in an understandable and convincing manner. Listens well and considers other’s opinions before coming to conclusions. Does not interrupt others. Master of self-awareness and self-management in coping with stressful situations.
- Decision Making - The process by which one consciously selects of a course of action, among available alternatives, based on the best information available. Enacting decisions in a timely manner appropriate to the challenge at hand. Characteristics of good decision-making include influencing others through a wise course of action, carrying through on the course of action identified, and sound logic.
- Promotes Innovation and Change - To create a work environment that encourages creative thinking and justifiable risk-taking. Being open to change and new information. Adapting behavior and work methods in response to new information, tolerating ambiguity, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Identifying opportunities to develop new products and services.
- Working Relationships - Creates an environment that encourages input and feedback by attentive listening. Positive responses and openness to alternative concepts by valuing diversity of ideas and cultural differences. Fostering an environment in which people can work together cooperatively and effectively in achieving organizational goals. Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with direct reports, peers, supervisor, and outsiders, as well as internal organizational units.
- Leadership Skills - Creates a vision or goal for one’s work unit and communicates it in a way that motivates others to implement it. Empowering people by sharing authority and delegating responsibility. Actively builds staff’s trust and commitment by mentoring, fostering good working relationships, and acting selflessly and with integrity.
- Coaching Skills - Seeks out the very best of "what is" in others to help ignite "what might be." Helps people clarify their career goals and actively develop skills needed to achieve those goals. Continually challenges people to improve performance, while providing frequent and helpful development discussions and feedback.
- Utilizes The Strengths of Others and Self - Efficiently focuses energy on developing and using the strengths of him/herself and others (versus a smaller portion of time trying to overcome shortfalls). Leaders still have to work on strengthening their shortfalls, particularly those that have a significant impact on productivity.
- Team Development - Demonstrates the ability to influence a group of diverse individuals, each with their own goals, needs, and perspectives, to work together effectively for the collective good. Insures that team members understand their roles and responsibilities, while encouraging mutual accountability for successes and failures. Works cooperatively with other parts of the organization by building trust, creating synergy, and recognizing successes.
The Leadership 360° assessment is an invaluable tool, capable of transforming leadership performance at any level and in any industry.